Valentines Day

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

What an action packed Valentines Day today was. 
At school today we had a pretty big test on all the massage movements of the 3 advanced facials that we learned recently. During my practical part I was feeling pretty nauseous and my stomach was cramping pretty bad. I was doing my last few movements and I just couldn't remember any of the movements. I guess I started acting kind of weird. I felt like I was going to pass out so I sat down and then could feel my eyes roll back into my head. I guess I started convulsing so they called an ambulance. Next thing I knew the EMT's were asking me a million questions, but I was happy to see that Tim had showed up.

I was literally 2 blocks away from the hospital so I told them I wasn't going to go in the ambulance. Tim drove me over there and we sat in the ER for 4 hours while they ran tests. It looks like the ovarian cysts I was having ruptured and the pain made me pass out.

I felt so bad for Tim. He was just about to eat lunch when my classmate called him and told him to come to the school to get me. He hadn't eaten all day. He had planned out a big dinner to make for Valentine's Day but we were both so hungry by the time we left the hospital that we grabbed a Little Caesar's pizza and ate it in the Walgreen's parking lot while we waited to fill my prescription.

Nothing says I love you like an evening in the ER ;)

Trying to look happy, excuse the stupid face I'm making 

YAY!! I'm so excited! ;) ;)

Our plans changed just a smidgen 

It was a very memorable Valentine's Day indeed! My life never seems to have a dull moment ;)


I woke up this morning (2-15) at 5 am in even worse pain than yesterday. I called Tim and asked him what I should do. I usually have a pretty high pain tolerance but I was just crying like a baby. After thinking and talking about it for a bit we decided to take me back to the ER to get checked. 
They had one of the BYU nursing students put my IV in and she missed and my arm started bubbling up. I got a little cranky at that point, I feel bad now. Anyways, they found some fluid in my lower abdomen and a little infection in my small intestine. They shot me up with some morphine and sent me home with percocet. I probably won't even remember writing this blog later, haha! I feel so weird. Poor Tim has been babysitting me since 5am this morning, making me breakfast and lunch and heating up my heating pad every 30 minutes. Poor guy. Hope he knows how much I love and appreciate him!


  1. Kels! I am so sorry you had to go through that! SCARY, but you are one tough lady! I'm glad Tim was there with you!

  2. Oh no! I hope you are on the mend and feeling much better! This sounds like a Nate and Erica story, except I don't look nearly that cute in a hospital picture haha.

  3. goodness how scary!!! makes me feel foolish for whining about mundane things when theres people who actually deal with this kind of stuff! I hope youre doing much better!!!!


I love hearing from you! Leave me something nice!