The Proposal

Monday, February 13, 2012

Alrighty boys and girls, here it is...

Tim and I knew pretty much right off the bat that we were going to marry each other. We are in the same singles ward and were friends but hadn't been on a date or spent much time together. At a ward activity we found ourselves standing by each other talking in a circle of people. I was instantly super interested but had decided that I was done trying to make a move with boys and that if he liked me he would just have to do something about it. A couple days later I was at school and had a voicemail from an unknown number. He rambled on for about 2 minutes asking me what my favorite dessert was. I called him back and finally he asked if my roommates and I wanted to come over and make a dessert with his apartment. We did and it was super fun! There was instant chemistry and we could both tell. Ever since we have spent almost every day together. 

Tim told me that he was going to be graduating in April and already had a job in Boston. We both figured we would probably have to break up or try a long distance thing, but decided to give dating a shot anyways. 

Tim and I can talk for hours. One of our favorite things to do is to ask each other the most random bizarre questions about each other. (You would not believe the crazy things you learn about someone so quickly!) 

When Tim would walk me back to my apartment at night it was always so cold so we started saying our goodbye's in the laundry room right next to my apartment. One night we were sitting there talking and I found myself blurting out the words,"I know this sounds crazy but...I love you."Instantly my heart started pounding realizing what I had just said. I sat there totally embarrassed wondering if I had just scared Tim off when I looked up and saw him smiling as he told me he loved me too. 
Over Christmas break I spent a couple days up in Perry with his family and he came up to my grandparent's house and spent some time with my family. 

Over Christmas break we knew that we wanted to be together and that we were willing to make some sacrifices to make sure that things worked out. Our talks from what if we got married turned into when we get married...

We figured out that Tim was going to have a 1 week window of time this summer from July 28-August 5 that we could get married, so we decided to go for it. 

At the end of January we started looking at rings but I wasn't sure when the proposal would be. I have no idea why I was so curious, I knew we were getting married, so when we got engaged shouldn't have mattered but I am THE most curious person ever. I just wanted to know when! Friday night (2-10) I was over at Tim's and got up to go to the bathroom. He instantly bolted towards me and yelled, "you can't go in there!" I shut the bathroom door and then heard a bunch of rummaging. Tim then told me that the next day we were going to go to lunch at Tucanos and then we could go on a little walk up to Bridal Veil Falls. (How could that be any more obvious?) 

The next day he picked me up for lunch and was all dressed up. I thought to myself today is the day!! We went to lunch then drove up to the falls. We sat on a bench and he asked me where I saw up in 5 years, told me how much he loved me and then asked if I was ready to go.

Ready to go?! I thought for sure he was about to pop the question right then and there. 
(Tim found out that I figured his whole plan out so he changed it all up last minute)

He handed me a present and I opened it. Inside was a picture of us that he had framed. I loved it and gingerly set it back in the gift bag. He drove me home and dropped me off at my apartment. He told me he was going to go park the car and that he would be right over. I went inside and laid on the couch and talked to my roommate. I told her I thought for sure he was going to ask me at the falls but that he didn't. I had to leave for work in an hour so I was super confused. We sat there for 20 minutes and then I decided to check my phone to make sure that Tim was okay. I had a text from him that said, "go ahead and open up the back of the picture frame." I did and inside was the sweetest little love note. At the bottom it said to meet him in the laundry room. I instantly started laughing thinking back to one of the days when we were sitting in there talking we joked about how funny it would be for him to propose in the laundry room. 

I bolted out the door and swung open the door to the laundry room. There was my handsome guy standing there with a little box. He got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I started laughing then jumped up and gave him a giant hug and kiss and said, "yes!"

I'm so excited to spend the rest of forever with my best friend. He is such a blessing in my life and makes me a much better person. 

3 comments:

I love hearing from you! Leave me something nice!