Weekend Update

Sunday, January 12, 2014

I know weekend updates are super boring but I love to look back at this blog months down the road and remember the little things we did together that filled our days.

On Friday night we headed down to Riverton to watch Tim's brother's student's (am I sounding crazy yet?) music/dance/theatre broadway review. He is the drama teacher at Riverton high so we get to watch all kinds of fun productions throughout the year. We spent the night at their house and ended up staying up talking until 2 in the morning. Spending time with family is seriously the best.

Saturday morning we headed over to Cottonwood Heights to help Tim's sister and her family move into their new home after just moving here from Boston. I was amazed how many neighbors showed up unexpectedly. We finished unloading the moving truck pretty quickly and then we were off to run errands and do usual Saturday things.

Saturday evening we were invited to an incredible dinner party with some people from our ward (church congregation.) I seriously felt like I was inside a Pinterest board. It was incredible. Afterwards my cousin, Allie and her husband James came over to chat and hang out. Once again I have so much fun just sitting and chatting with family. We laughed and laughed and reminisced about old childhood memories.

On Sunday we completed week 2 of our new calling in the nursery at church. The kids have warmed up to us and we had a lot of fun. Nobody got hurt this week so that is a win in my book. Rather than sitting in normal adult meetings I ate fruit snacks and made animals with 2 year olds out of play-dough.

That night we had some of our favorite friends over for dinner. Frank and Alicia have been such great friends to us here in Salt Lake and we think the world of them. I made this recipe for Honey Lime Enchiladas and they were pretty yummy I have to say.

I am grateful for wonderful family, great friends, and yummy food! Hope you all have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. I so agree with you about the looking back and being able to see what you did during a month or year. My weekend updates were the only reason I could do my year in review post. Sounds like you had a great weekend. Happy Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to do more posts like this as I want to be able to look back and remember too :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice post! what fun experience you got to be a part of :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't agree more. That is why I LOVE blogging. I feel like there's never anything to miss as long as you document it. Aaaand, I'm not good with journals, sooo. Cute post. I'm so glad your weekend was so good.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Leave me something nice!