Girl in Flight {Guest Post}

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Hello everyone! I am still in Boston having a blast with family. While I am away I have another fabulous guest post for you! I'd like to introduce you to Laura. Laura is a wife, bunny mum, astrophysicist, part time photographer and carer of the world's cutest geriatric hamster. She also lives in London! I've asked Laura a series of questions so you can all get acquainted with her better. Enjoy! 



1. What are your favorite topics to blog about? Life generally, usually the things my husband Simon and I get up to! My family love to joke that we have a farm as we live in a one bedroom apartment and have two house rabbits and a very ancient hamster!

2.  Where did you grow up?I grew up in a town around 30 miles from London - it was the picture perfect town to grow up in - as a teenager I spent evenings in the park picnicking with my friends or having girly sleepovers with my two best friends. I absolutely adored my childhood and hope one day I can provide my kids with one that's just as happy!

3.What is something that most people don't know about you? I used to do karate! Whenever I tell people that I trained in karate for several years they don't believe me but it's true! I competed in a few competitions and gained seven belts whilst I studied wado ryu.

4. What is the biggest piece of advice that you could share with others? "Everyone dies but not everybody lives" is something my brother quoted once and it's probably the kind of advice I love to give people. I'm a firm believer in actually living and doing the things you want to do!

5. What are some of your favorite hobbies? Obviously, photography is probably my biggest hobby - I am always snap, snap, snapping away! Apart from that my other two big hobbies are cooking and hiking - Simon and I go walking every weekend and are hoping to explore the Atlas Mountains when we got this autumn.

6. What is a talent you wish you had? I can't decide between being fashionable or being really good at DIY! I'm not someone who is particularly unfashionable, but I am definitely someone who feels most comfortable in jeans and a sweater!

7. What makes you enjoy blogging about body image? I am definitely someone who is for the struggles every girl/woman goes through, and I think blogging is a good way to celebrate our differences and our uniqueness. Body image is a really big thing for me, I'm a US size 8, which is probably pretty average but I can get pretty down about the way clothes fit etc, even though we go swimming and hiking I still think I'm big! Most of the time I have to talk myself out of it and in the last few years it's definitely been a journey to love myself as I am.

8. How did you meet your husband? I've known Simon since I was born but we started dating when I was around seventeen. Simon is amazingly clever (he got the highest score in the whole country for one of his exams!) so I was definitely super jealous of him growing up!




9. What does your typical day consist of? Usually I wake up fifteen minutes before my alarm goes off at 7:15, and if I'm lucky I can have a quick breakfast with Simon before he heads off to work. Then I get myself ready and head to work so I'm in the office by 8:30. I work for a charity so I do a lot of answering queries, invoicing and co-ordination before I have lunch at one before I do an afternoon of work! I usually leave at four and head home, usually to do a bit of blog design and blogging admin, before cleaning and cooking for when Simon gets home. We usually eat dinner together, maybe watch some TV and go for a walk before we head to bed, ready to start the whole thing again!

10. What is on the top of your bucket list? I would love to visit Sri Lanka, which we are planning to do in a couple of years time! We're planning to do a tour of the country before staying in the Maldives for a few nights, which I am so excited for! I also have a list of five star restaurants I would love to visit in my lifetime. My other ambition, randomly, is to have a huge collection of books - I love them and would love to have a little home library!

eloquent graffiti

1 comment:

I love hearing from you! Leave me something nice!