Yesterday while I was at the gym I realized something. There are always your typical gym rats. You see them every time you go to the gym, no matter what gym you go to. Below is a sampling of the people I saw yesterday at the gym.
1. The young red head with incredibly fair skin wearing nothing but a little pink bra, booty shorts, TONS of makeup, and her hair curled and down. She was doing side crunches and was whipping everyone in the face with her hair.
2. The wanna be weight lifter. By the time I finished all 6 of my sets on one of the weight machines he had done about 4 reps on his. He grunts all loud and makes sure everyone is watching him but in reality he's just sitting there most of the time "resting."
3. The super fit mom. She's more ripped than any of the 20 somethings, meets with a personal trainer every time, has a golf hat on, and is doing some crazy cross fit workout.
4. The skinny boy. He comes in his converse, sweat shorts, and patterned tanktop. He wanders around the gym, touching everything, trying to figure out what everything is. He ends up over on the elliptical with his eyes all over the place trying to get a feel for everything.
5. The meat head. He's got the ripped college t-shirt on, basketball shorts, and is over by the free weights. He tries to find the heaviest dumbbells and gets his buddy to help him lift it up and then does 2 sets while he grunts and yells. He slams it down on the ground as he startles the whole gym. He then takes a break and wanders over and always seem to find a girl on the bikes that he knows.
6. The old man. Surprisingly impressive. He's got his socks on up to his knees, sweatpants over his belly button. and a sweatband on. You see him do 10 pull ups in a row, then hop on a stationary bike for an hour straight. How does he do it??
7. The pretty girl. She has her makeup done as if she's going clubbing, hair in a super high pony tail, or top knot. She always has a coordinating work out outfit on. On her elliptical or stair master she has a Cosmo magazine, bright pink water bottle, ipad, iphone, headphones in, and she's trying to text without falling off the machine.
I was dying to take pictures of all these people but I'm pretty sure I would have gotten in some trouble so I'll let you all use your imaginations. Is this pretty typical at your gym? What funny things have you seen while working out?