2 weeks of marital bliss!

Friday, September 14, 2012


Today marks 2 weeks of being married to Tim!

Pretty much anything that could go wrong on a wedding day happened on our day, but it was still the most perfect day for us. Okay, so a lot more could have gone wrong but I did forgot pretty much any important document that I needed at the temple that day. 
My lovely friend, Maren, stayed over at the apartment with me the night before the wedding and we had a ball. It was so nice to spend time with her. She was sweet enough to drive up from Vegas by herself just to be here for the big day! We got up around 5:30 so that we could both get ready and she could do my hair. My parent's came by to pick me up to take me to the temple. We had some really bad communication along the way and everybody thought that somebody else was grabbing certain things. 

Needless to say we showed up to the temple without my wedding dress, temple bag, marriage license, and my temple sealing cancellation letter from the 1st presidency. My sweet dad made multiple trips back to the apartment (we realized each thing was missing at different times... doh!)
We ended up getting married around noon instead of 9:40 which was our scheduled sealing time. I felt horrible that our guests had to wait around so long. 

I was so embarrassed that I had been so forgetful and had a full on breakdown in the temple. Tears and all. They were very reassuring and everything ended up working out perfectly. I was stressed that we wouldn't have time for pictures, we would be late for our luncheon, or that people would leave thinking we had called it off or something. 

It ended up being perfect. We had an incredibly beautiful, touching ceremony that I'll remember forever.  We were able to take some quick pictures with the photographer and made it just in time to the reception. Best of all at the end of the day I was married to the love of my life, and that's all that matters.

 Since that day we find ourselves yelling out "we're married!!" It still seems too good to be true. It has been so fun to be able to do everything together. I love everything about it. I really don't know how I got so lucky. Anyone that knows him knows how fantastic he is. I'm just so fortunate that he feels the same way about me. 

We finally have our apartment almost all the way put together. Once it's finished I'll post some pictures. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Leave me something nice!