School

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I have about a month left of my esthetics program and I will be done! I can't tell you how excited for this I am. I love what I do but I am definitely ready to start getting paid for treatments rather than paying to give them ;) 
Today we took an aromology class. We took one a few months ago where we learned about the basic uses for many different essential oils, but this time we went further in depth with how to mix them and their different strengths. It's so crazy to think that a year ago I knew hardly anything about the skin and skin care and I feel like I have now learned so much. There is still so much left to learn though! I have a little over 100 hours left of my 1200 hour program. 
Sometimes I get a little down because I don't have a bachelors, and I'm not doing traditional schooling. When I think about it though I have actually accomplished quite a lot the last few years. 
I will have received my associates degree and master esthetician license by the age of 21. Not too shabby. I get asked a lot if I'm ever going to go back to school, and fact of the matter is...I did! At this point if I went back and finished my last 2 years and got my bachelors degree it would be for all the wrong reasons. It would be entirely because of pride. Just to say that I did. I figured out what I wanted to do and I want to help people with their skin, so that is what I'm going to do :) 
My heart ablation is in 6 days...I'm nervous! I'm not sure if I should be or not. From what I hear it is a pretty standard procedure but it still sounds pretty intense. 
"Catheter ablation is a procedure used to selectively destroy areas of the heart that are causing a heart rhythm problem. During this procedure, thin, flexible wires are inserted into a blood vessel in the thigh, groin, neck, or elbow and threaded up through the blood vessel and into the heart under X-ray guidance."
Bring it on!

5 comments:

  1. Visit Y&H Cargo India for Shipping and Freight Forwarding Services.
    Shipping Company in Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get the best Investment Schemes and Mutual Find Advise by professional and well experienced mutual fund advisor.
    Mutual Fund Distributor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Blog, keep it up for more information like this. Visit our page for lifestyle magazine.
    Lifestyle Magazine India

    ReplyDelete
  4. One the best information, I have found in this blog. Visit Kalakutir of the best services for the Commercial Vehicle Wrap, Vinyl Signage Printing and School Bus Painting.
    School Bus Painting

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Leave me something nice!