Holter Monitor

Friday, December 9, 2011

There's a picture that hangs above my desk in my bedroom that I love so much. It says, "Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence." Isn't it interesting that we can look at something everyday without really looking at it? I sat down at my desk tonight and just stared at it. I probably looked at it for a good 5 minutes. I dissected and analyzed every word. How can we achieve anything in life if we aren't optimistic?

 I also love that it says that nothing can be done without hope and confidence. I know that through some of my toughest struggles in life all I could rely on was hope. Confidence is also a thing I struggled with for a huge chunk of my life. When I was little I was beyond shy. I am not kidding. I would cry when I had to school because it was new and unfamiliar, I had a terrible time making friends as well. It wasn't until later in life that I developed confidence and I feel like I can now reach out to others. 

I am so tired. Full on zombie mode. 



I'm getting some tests done on my heart right now due to it's remarkable ability to beat at lightning fast speeds. I have to wear this funny looking holter monitor that tracks my heart rate. I'm not a huge fan of all the cords and wires all over the place and the big chunky monitor. It's making sleeping a real chore. 

As soon as I fall asleep I end up waking myself up by laying on the monitor or  getting my arm or leg twisted up in the wire. I also have to write in a journal every time I do pretty much anything. Eat, go to sleep, wake up, go to the bathroom, experience strong emotions...you name it!  I got it taken off today but I still have rings all over my stomach and chest where it was. 

This is 10 hours after they took the electrodes off... haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Leave me something nice!